Question:
How Can i precent a new idea in science?
pitchblackreality
2009-01-01 21:12:16 UTC
if i dont have a degree or any thing for science but stil i have an new idea or theory form the knowladge i gain my self can i reprecent it to somewhere? if can how?
Eight answers:
Michael
2009-01-01 21:24:16 UTC
I recommend reading over a guide such as this one

http://www.anu.edu.au/BoZo/Scott/Publishing.html

There are books out there on publishing your own scientific papers also. Just do a search for publish scientific paper. There are quite a few steps to getting research published.

You can also publish your research to Wikipedia. I'm not sure of all the steps but it is possible.

And like others have said, you will want to make sure your work is reviewed or edited by someone that has a firm grasp of the English language.
Brant
2009-01-01 21:35:11 UTC
Many people outside of the academic community come up with ideas. Most of these turn out not to be new, as they had thought. Others may be new but have no validity at all.

I think this is actually a very good place to start. It can serve as a simple way to screen your idea. Without the credentials, you can't get published in any serious journal. I know that stinks, but the system really does work. There is one place where you can get recognized. That is in the Amateur Scientist section of "Scientific American" magazine. If your idea is a good one, they will print it, but it has to be done in a credible fashion. Read some of the ones which have been submitted and you will have some standards to go by.

Otherwise, you will have to present your idea to someone with the credentials to get it noticed. I believe the vast majority of scientists would be very forthright in giving you the due credit. But I still think you should put it here, as there are some very knowledgeable people who post here. I think the collective opinions of good contributors here would give you a very good idea of the potential of your idea. If it does not pass muster here, it will probably go nowhere in the scientific community. PLUS, if it *is* a good idea, you will have an official record of it in the Y!A archives, so nobody will be able to steal it.
eri
2009-01-01 21:31:55 UTC
You don't need a degree to publish a paper. Start by doing some research - are you sure no one has suggested this before, and there are no observations done that contradict your idea? Then do some reading into what's already been discovered in that field, because you'll need to cite current work, and you'll want to know how to structure your paper. Then write it up - you'll either need to present observations that help your argument and/or theoretical considerations. Send it to an appropriate journal and wait to see what they think.
2009-01-01 21:18:32 UTC
Ok, first if you have a new ides in science people will take you a lot more seriously if you had correct spelling. (Ex" precent). Go ahead and present your idea here. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this website.
cocastar
2009-01-01 21:18:57 UTC
definitely do more research online to see what others have to say about ur idea. science is a career of discussion and theories that many people converse and debate upon. go to the library and look it up!
doug_donaghue
2009-01-01 21:18:55 UTC
Sure. Write an article for publication in any refereed journal (you can find them at any library). If you need help formating the article, etc. they have 'writers kits' on their websites.

After you've written your article, submit it for review and, if it passes the peer-review, it gets published.

Simple.

One word of advice.... Learn to spell ☺

Doug
Adam
2009-01-01 21:55:49 UTC
Graduating from fifth grade is a definite first step.
2009-01-01 21:22:15 UTC
work on your spelling and grammar.

yes, why not present it here?